NEHA is Now Accepting Nominations for the Upcoming 2022 Election!
- Region 4 vice-president (represents Iowa, Minnesota, Nebraska, North Dakota, South Dakota, and Wisconsin; 3-year term);
- Region 6 vice-president (represents Illinois, Indiana, Kentucky, Michigan, and Ohio; 3-year term);
- Region 9 vice-president (Connecticut, Maine, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, Rhode Island, and Vermont; 3-year term); and
- second vice-president (national officer; 5-year term that progresses through the national offices and will serve as NEHA president in 2025–2026).
We seek diversity on the board in terms of gender, ethnicity, and a balance between regulatory officials, academia, and industry. Most importantly, we want people who will help us develop a new strategic vision, have experience managing diverse organizations, and can open doors for NEHA in building relationships with industry, academia, federal and state agencies, foundations, and other associations.
Requirements to serve on the board include
- membership with NEHA (individual or life) for 3 consecutive years prior to assuming office on July 1, 2022;
- not simultaneously holding a voting position on the board of a NEHA affiliate;
- endorsement by at least five voting NEHA members (from members residing in the region for regional vice-president candidates and from members residing in at least three different regions for second vice-president candidates); and
- willingness to commit the time necessary to actively serve on the board.
If you are interested in serving on our board of directors, please visit www.neha.org/elections for information on the nomination and election process. You can also contact NEHA Immediate Past-President Sandra Long, chairman of NEHA’s Nominations Committee, at email@example.com. The deadline to submit a nomination is December 1, 2021.