FDA Temporary Guidance; Nutrition Labeling for Certain Package Food for Restaurants And Food Manufacturers
This Just in Time from NEHA summarizes key aspects of FDA temporary guidance regarding nutrition labeling as it relates to alternative distribution of certain packaged food during the COVID-19 public health emergency. These recent guidance documents offer temporary flexibility for both restaurants and food manufacturers. Also highlighted is a separate FDA announcement for manufacturers regarding the use of updated Nutrition and Supplement Facts labels for which the FDA has extended the compliance date.
Share your Experience with Just in Time Video Series
NEHA is looking for your feedback on the value and efficacy of the Just in Time trainings for adapting to COVID-19.
Please share your experience through a short survey.
- Guidance for Industry: Temporary Policy Regarding Nutrition Labeling of Certain Packaged Food
During the COVID-19 Public Health Emergency (FDA)
- Industry Resources on the Changes to the Nutrition Facts Label (FDA)
- Food Allergen Labeling and Consumer Protection Act (FDA)
- Just in Time: FDA Temporary Guidance; Packaged Food Nutrition Labeling Slide Deck (PDF)
- Just in Time: FDA Temporary Guidance; Packaged Food Nutrition Labeling Script (PDF)